We Invite you to the 100 Million Healthier Lives Gathering on Health Equity & Prosperity at the University of Maryland Assembly. The event is convened by the Institute for Alternative Futures and the Equity Hub of 100 Million Healthier Lives.
WHO: We call on all 100 Million Healthier Lives members, partners and communities to come together to launch a national movement on equity! Join hundreds of leaders, from students and people with lived experience, to community leaders, to regional and national leaders. We’ll dream, discover, design, and deliver on the promise of equity and prosperity for our country. We encourage you to come and invite others from your community whom you’d like to engage in action.
WHERE: University of Maryland – Stamp Student Union, College Park, MD
WHEN: Thursday, August 4, 2016 to Friday, August 5, 2016
- Engage 5 million people nationally in a dialogue on the relationship between health equity and prosperity.
- Create pathways for action in the movement’s key areas:
- Ensure every child thrives
- From neighborhoods of concentrated poverty to communities of solution
- Interrupt the school to prison pipeline
- Promote race amity
- Replace chronic hunger with access to healthy food
- Decrease violence in our communities
- Help workplaces promote health and well-being
- Ensure Veterans have the supports they need
- Assure income security for families
- Reverse the opioid crisis in communities
- Take action at home in your communities in partnership with other stakeholders:
- Create dialogue
- Build your equity muscles
- Take action
We hope you can join us! Please email Katie McCormack at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.