Contractual Position Opening
National Engagement Manager – SCALE 2.0
CJA is a private, non-profit membership organization of nearly 150 community health collaboratives – each of our members being committed to improving health, improving access, and eliminating disparities in their communities. Our mission is to mobilize and assist these community health collaboratives to assure better health for all people at less cost. CJA supports our members by facilitating the rapid dissemination of innovations across communities. We provide access to technical resources, peer-mentors from model communities, best practices, as well as host conferences and facilitate local networking opportunities.
CJA is a national partner with the 100 Million Healthier Lives, convened by the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) to build unprecedented collaboration of change agents across sectors that are pursuing an unprecedented result: 100 million people living healthier lives by 2020. The vision of 100 Million Healthier Lives is to fundamentally transform the way the world thinks and acts to improve health, wellbeing, and equity to get to breakthrough results.
SCALE was recently funded through the generous support of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and was created as a collaboration between the Institute for Healthcare Improvement, Communities Joined in Action, Community Solutions, and the Network for Regional Healthcare Improvement.
CJA is one of four national organizations that have come together to develop an approach for community transformation that will lead to a culture of change and sustainable improvement in health, wellbeing, and equity. The approach is called SCALE: Spreading Community Accelerators through Learning and Evaluation (For more information, please visit: https://www.100mlives.org/initiatives/#scale2 )
CJA is recruiting for a part‐time contractual position, National Engagement Manager, who will be responsible for working with the CJA administrative support and executive leadership to plan and implement a work plan that will connect CJA members and other related stakeholders with the 100 Million Healthier Lives/SCALE portfolio. The National Engagement Manager will work closely with 100MHL staff and teams, participating communities and CJA members to ensure that CJA members and stakeholders will access and utilize the robust portfolio of community engagement, evaluation and measurement tools. The goal of this collaboration is to ensure that CJA member organizations and related entities can achieve the shared goals of vision of CJA and 100 MHL/SCALE 2.0 of community capacity building, health equity, health improvement and better health for all.
Key Responsibilities of the National Engagement Manager:
- Build connections and virtual communication/social media strategies that will link CJA members and others to the full range of 100 MHL resources, e.g. Community Health Accelerators Initiative (CHAI), States of Solutions (SoS), Measure What Matters (MWM), online community, Map of the Movement, Change Library.
- Develop a recruitment and engagement strategy to connect CJA members and potential members with the resources and tools that will support their local initiatives and work in the area of community engagement.
- Attend 100 MHL/SCALE 2.0 and CJA events as needed. Travel to be approved and covered by by IHI.
- Serve as the primary contact and spokesperson for CJA in working with 100 Million Healthier Lives communities and other external contacts.
- Work with the CJA Board of Directors to develop its Innovation Lab workplan. The Innovation Lab is a new product of CJA and the purpose of the Lab is to harvest and share ongoing community research and evaluation models as well as opportunities to disseminate learnings and innovative approaches for community health improvement.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and written)
- Strong project management skills, including being detail‐focused and managing towards aggressive timelines
- Ability to think strategically – understand the big picture and proactively identify next steps, ability to optimize system and resources
- Ability to manage up and adapt style to meet project goals
- Ability to work independently and manage self towards goals, while being a genuine “team player”
- Willingness to undertake tasks at all levels when necessary
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to balance multiple projects and teams and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- Ability to learn and use new systems and technology
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years previous work experience in a professional environment required
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
- Experience or knowledge of community health and social services preferred.
Compensation and Work Conditions:
CJA is seeking an Independent Contractor at an hourly rate of $22/hour for an initial contract period of six months, commencing March 5, 2018. It is projected that the contracted hours will not exceed 100 hours/month. Based upon successful completion of the scope of the work, contract is expected to renew for an additional 10 months.
It is expected that the contractor will work virtually; therefore, the person will need secured access to appropriate computer technology for webinars and videoconferencing. There will be required travel to national meetings and all travel expenses will be arranged and paid by the 100Million Healthier Lives administrative office.
Please send a cover letter and resume, NO LATER THAN February 1, 2018 to email@example.com (preferably in MS Word format) or to the CJA Administrative Home Office:
Communities Joined In Action
c/o Georgia Health Policy Center
P.O. Box 3992
Atlanta, GA 30302